The start of the construction of the Holiday Inn Express hotel in Rzeszow
The Chopin Airport Development has handed over the construction site of the Holiday Inn Express hotel to the General Contractor - ERBUD. The facility will be constructed in the immediate vicinity of the Rzeszow-Jasionka Airport. Reception of the first guests is planned in the second half of 2019.
The 120-room facility will be one of the most modern hotels of this class in the whole Europe. It is meant to serve not only passengers of the airport, but also clients of the nearby G2A Arena and numerous companies located in the vicinity of the Podrzeszów airport.
- I am delighted that the hotel of the latest generation will be built in a place which is special for my region – in the center of the Aviation Valley, surrounded by the Rzeszow-Jasionka airport, the G2A Arena The Exhibition & Congress Centre and potential aviation industry clients. We facilitate their functioning by expanding the necessary infrastructure - says Władysław Ortyl, Marshal of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship.
- A new airport road, future rail connection - will be another impulse for the new investments. An important element of this development is the hotel base of the highest standard. Such a modern facility complements the innovative landscape of this area, as well as the entire Podkarpackie region.
- Chopin Airport Development (CAD) is an experienced operator and investor of airport hotels. The Holiday Inn Express hotel next to the Rzeszow Airport will be another object in the CAD portfolio, and the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) will be another brand next to Marriott International, Hilton and Best Western, with which we cooperate - says Gheorghe Marian Cristescu, the President of the Management Board of Chopin Airport Development. - The potential that we see in the region, resulting both from the development of the Rzeszow Airport, as well as the proximity of the economic zone and the congress center, makes us to believe that our new investment will be very successful. Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, who was present while signing the franchise agreement on the Holiday Inn Express at the last Congress 590 in Rzeszow, also spoke about it.
The Prime Minister did not hide the satisfaction that such an object will be built in the Podkarpacie region. As a result, it will contribute to the support of the development of Eastern Poland.
- The location of the hotel in the immediate vicinity of the airport has a great importance for its further development. From year to year, we serve more and more passengers in Jasionka and we open new international flights, and more aircrafts are serviced in our hangars. This means the need to provide comfortable accommodation not only for travelers, but also for crews or technical service employees. I believe that the Holiday Inn Express brand will quickly gain their recognition - says Michał Tabisz, the President of the Rzeszow-Jasionka Airport.
- A land contract signed with Rzeszow Jasionka Airport in 2017 for a hotel investment, followed by a contract with IHG under the Holiday Inn Express brand, and the approved architectural design with the „FBT Architekci”, obtaining a valid building permit and the contract concluded with the ERBUD General Contractor, will undoubtedly benefit the development of Rzeszow and the entire region - says Adam Pilczuk, Strategy and Development Director at Chopin Airport Development.
- The construction and handing over the square to the General Contractor shows that the hotel investment process has been started. All of the actions are in line with the schedule so that we can welcome the first guests in the second half of next year.
- This is the tenth hotel implemented by the ERBUD Group in the last three years. Our partners are the largest hotel chains, including Hilton and Radisson Blu. The fourth generation Holiday Inn Express hotel, belonging to the InterContinental Hotels chain, will be our next innovative project implemented for this prestigious sector. This confirms the high reputation that the ERBUD Group has among the most demanding investors - says Józef Zubelewicz, the member of the ERBUD SA Management Board. - We are pleased that we will be able to confirm our high competences resulting from 28 years of international experience in the building construction market. The construction of the hotel, like all our other projects, will be carried out in accordance with the highest standards of quality and safety.
The Holiday Inn Express, the latest, fourth generation, is an economic brand created by the IHG chain in response to the needs of people growing up in the world of new technologies. The hotel will have modern technological solutions and a space that will allow for integration between guests. The building facade will be made of glass in at least 30 percent. Undercutting the hotel on the ground floor will slowly create the effect of depth and a cozy interior, attracting the attention of both passengers and people traveling by car. An additional decoration of the facade will be splays in the colors of the brand - blue and green. In the outer zone, a recreational space will be created with orderly greenery and concrete - wooden benches.